What's on in CQ: Guide to 72 hours across the region
- The Yeppoon Lagoon is open from 6am to 9pm, seven days a week. Lifeguards are on duty during opening hours.
- May 14 - 20: Bouldy Bush Ballad Bash
Chad Morgan, Reg Poole and Dianne Lindsay lead a huge line-up of talent at this year's Bouldy Bush Ballad Bash, held in Bouldercombe. This event (held from May 14 to 20) celebrates "10 big years at Bouldy”. Bush poets on Saturday and Sunday 8am-9.45am. Main artists will perform on Saturday 10am until 9pm. Entry costs $25 per person per day, on Saturday and Sunday (May 19-20).
- 6AM: Yeppoon Community Markets at Yeppoon Showgrounds.
- 8AM: Yeppoon Boutique Markets, every Saturday from 8am to noon on the beach end of Queen St, Yeppoon, behind the Strand Hotel. Contact Louise on 0749330402, via Facebook or email email@example.com.
- 12PM: Colts Rugby Union. Old Boys and Past Players Day. Juniors game commences at 12pm. Seniors game from 4pm. T.A. Nutley Field, Rockhampton.
- 2PM: 2018 Rockhampton Relay for Life. CQUniversity (Oval 3 - Football Field).
- 7PM: TG Rodeo. Great Western Hotel. Tickets available at the gate.
Gates open 5.30pm for a 7pm start.
Child (10-17) $10
Under 10 FREE
Family Pass (2&2) $50.
- 8PM: The Royal Wedding - HRH Prince Harry and Miss Meghan Markle. BCC Rockhampton. Tickets available at www.eventcinemas.com.au.
- 7AM: Million Paws Walk. Rigalsford Park, Rockhampton. Walk to fight animal cruelty.
There will be food, competitions and kids activities at the venue starting from 7.00am and continuing after the walk, so it will be a great day out for your friends, family and dogs!
Purchase your Walk tickets now at www.millionpawswalk.com.au and start fundraising to support all creatures great and small.
- 8AM: Arcade Car Park Markets. Bolsover Street, Rockhampton.
- 8AM: Emu Park Markets. Bell Park, Emu Park. Over 100 Stalls. Biggest & Best Markets on the Coast. Great Day Out! Live Entertainment. Free Entry. Always the 3rd Sunday of the Month. For Enquiries and Booking, please call Lyn on 0407 178 011.
- 9AM: The Archer Park Rail Museum.The Archer Park Rail Museum in Denison Street, Rockhampton will be open this Sunday 9am-1pm. Come and ride the Purrey Steam Tram! Bring the family along to look through the carriages and steam and diesel engines, change the train signals, see the Morse Code Table and lots more! You can also enjoy a morning tea in the Refreshment Room.
- 10AM: Social Ski Sunday. Rockhampton Water Ski Club. Ski Gardens Rd, Rockhampton.
COST FOR NON MEMBERS:
$10 per ski / kneeboard / tube (individual)
$7 per ski / kneeboard / tube (with another)
COST FOR MEMBERS:
$7 per ski / kneeboard / tube (individual)
$5 per ski / kneeboard / tube (with another)
- 1PM: The Waterline Restaurant - Live on the Lawn. Larren Bean. The Waterline Restaurant, Rosslyn Bay.