What's on in the region this weekend
- 7am: White Ribbon Day Breakfast at Frenchville Sports Club, Rockhampton. Cost: $40. RSVP: 4922 6585.
- 9am-11am: Community Centre Christmas Morning Tea at the Community Centre, 80 John St, Yeppoon. 4913 3840.
- Noon-2.30pm: White Ribbon Day Lunch at Keppel Bay Sailing Club, Anzac Pde, Yeppoon. Cost: $40/pp (incl a light lunch). Prepayment required. RSVP 4922 6585.
- 3.15pm: Robogals robotics workshops at North Rockhampton Library, 154 Berserker St. 4936 8043.
- 6pm: The Caves Lions Community Christmas Fair in the Square. Santa arriving at 8pm. Bookings essential: 4936 3389.
- 7.30pm: Old time/new vogue Christmas dance at Stanwell Hall. Cost: $10, includes supper. 0407 596 944.
- 6am-10am: Yeppoon Community Markets at Yeppoon Showgrounds.
- 8am-noon: ASN/World Gym Free Bootcamps for Charity at river car park down from Empire, Victoria Pde, Rockhampton. 0427 738 768.
- 9am: Meet and greet Plastic Bag Free Ambassador Bob Irwin at the Bluff-North (Rotary Park), Farnborough Rd, Yeppoon. Contact: 0408 873 047.
- 9am: Flipside Circus hosts circus workshops at Taranganba State School, Yeppoon. First workshop 9am, second workshop at 9.45am, third workshop at 10.30am. This is a free event.
- 11am: Prepare for Christmas D.I.Y. Workshops at Bunnings Warehouse Rockhampton, 452-488 Yaamba Rd. Workshops at 11am, 12.30pm and 2pm. 4923 0400.
- 2pm: Capricorn Edible Plants meets at Di Kerr's Brushwood Glen Herb Nursery, 159 Auton and Johnson Rd, The Caves. Bring a chair and a cup. Meeting to be followed by Christmas dinner at The Caves pub. Bookings essential 4939 7638.
- 4pm: Rockhampton Speedway at Rockhampton Showgrounds. Action starts from 4.30pm. Entry fee applies.
- 5pm: Upper Ulam Recreation Grounds Christmas function at Upper Ulam Rd, Bajool. Dinner at 6pm, Santa arrives at 7pm. 0429 340 246.
- 6.30pm: Nutcracker and Dance Revolution by the Capricorn School of Dancing at the Pilbeam Theatre, Victoria Pde. Cost: adult $30, pensioner $24, family $90. Phone: Dial'n'Charge 4927 4111.
- 7pm: Rock and Roll Christmas dance at Gracemere Community Hall. $12 for members, $15 for non-members, includes supper. 0418 669 808.
- 8am-noon: Kern Arcade markets Bolsover St.
- 8am-1.30pm: Heritage Village Markets at Heritage Village, 296 Boundary Rd, Parkhurst. Entry $2, under 14 year olds free.
- 9am-1pm: The Archer Park Rail Museum in Denison St, Rockhampton, open until 1pm. Last tram rides for 2015. Morning tea in the Refreshment Room.
- 10am-2pm: Creative Wellbeing through Mandala Art with Kim Warcon at the Community Centre Garage, John St, Yeppoon. Contact: 4913 3857. Cost: $15 including materials.
- 10.30am: Family Fun Day at the races at Callaghan Park, Rockhampton. Kids fashion on the field and petting zoo. The NRL Premiership Cowboys trophy available for photos at 2.30pm.
- 10am: Debbie's Dance Studio concert at Rockhampton's Pilbeam Theatre, Victoria Pde. Junior concert 10am, senior concert 2.30pm. Discount available when buying for both concerts. 4927 4111.
- 11am-1pm: Kollaborate, a collaborative show between Baralaba State School, Woorabinda State School, Eidsvold State School, Mt Morgan Central State School and Flipside Circus, at Capricorn Coast Leadership Development Centre, Yeppoon PCYC, 170 Matthew Flinders Dve.
- 2pm: Christmas cent sale at St Mary's Hall, Nobbs St, Berserker. Doors open 12.30pm. Tickets $1, afternoon tea $1.50.
- 4pm-6.30pm: Flying Fox Awareness Event at Appleton Park, Yeppoon. Free sausage sizzle.
- 4pm: Ecumenical (all faiths) vigil against gender violence hosted by St Paul's Cathedral.
- 5pm: Community Christmas carols and cent sale outside St Andrew's Anglican Church, Barry St, Gracemere. Gold coin donation, sausage sizzle on offer.