Woman bandit in brazen armed heist
POLICE are on the hunt for a woman who held up a Rockhampton fast-food store at knife point late on Saturday night.
The woman masked her identity with a cloth across her face when she raided the Domino's Pizza store on Bridge St.
The theft is the latest in a string of armed hold-ups in the city this year.
Police were yesterday urging all businesses owners to be vigilant.
No one was injured in Saturday night's attack when the woman burst into the store threatening a male employee with a knife and demanding money.
After receiving an amount of cash the woman ran from the store.
A male employee and two customers in the store at the time were not physically harmed during the robbery.
The woman is described as being of Caucasian appearance, thin build with sandy collar-length hair.
She was wearing green pants, a red shirt and a grey hooded jumper.
Management at the Domino's store yesterday declined to comment.
Rockhampton police Senior Sergeant Ralph Faria said yesterday businesses should remain vigilant and ensure security arrangements were in place.
Police investigations into Saturday's incident are continuing.
Anyone with information about Saturday's hold-up should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
ROCKY'S 2012 HOLD-UPS
- March 3: Domino's on Bridge St was help up by a woman with a knife demanding cash at 11pm.
- February 20: A woman attempts to hold-up a CBD newsagency just before 11am;
- February 12: A knifeman robbed the Caltex service station truckstop at 10pm;
- February 8: Man armed with a machete robbed Kalka Palms Hotel Motel just before 10pm;
- February 2: Two men armed with a knife and a crowbar robbed Raffles Hotel at 10.50pm;
- January 2: Masked knifeman holds up North Rockhampton Bowls Club at 6pm;
- January 1: Masked knifeman robbed Raffles Hotel.