Woorabinda weathers flood waters
WOORABINDA police report that the community is coping well after being isolated by the floodwaters.
Despite power lines being down and phone services disrupted the community has rallied and are bearing up well under the circumstances.
Government aircraft have ferried in provisions and conveyed some patients from the Woorabinda Hospital back to Rockhampton.
Police would like to reassure relatives and friends that everybody in the community is safe and well and being cared for to the best of their ability.
The power supply and phones will be restored as soon as crews can fix the faults.
Meanwhile police would like to remind motorists that members of the public can access the following sites to obtain up-to-date information regarding weather and road conditions.
- Bureau of Meteorology website for up to date weather information, including up-coming forecasts;
- The Traffic and Travel information line on 13 19 40 or http://131940.qld.gov.au
- RACQ road closure site on 1300 130 595 or http://www.racq.com.au/travel/maps_and_Directions/road_conditions
- For more information about flood and cyclone preparation and emergency kits can be found at www.disaster.qld.gov.au;
- Monitor local councils and local radio stations for local information and updates.