Central Queensland in path of latest thunderstorms
12.30pm: THE Bureau of Meteorology has extended the area to be impacted by this afternoon.
The bureau's latest information says the storm will also hit Biloela, Blackwater, Baralaba, Marlborough, St Lawrence and Moura.
The next warning is due to be issued by 3:05 pm.
One reader has reported 70mm has already fallen at Kinka Beach.
11.55am: ROCKHAMPTON and Yeppoon are in the path of the latest thunderstorm expected to hit the region in the next few hours.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a warning at 11am today for severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Gladstone, Rockhampton and Yeppoon.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 2:05 pm.