Conditions of entry: APN Australian Regional Media’s Your Chance to Win $1,000,000
1. Method of entry: Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
(a) Major Prize: To enter for the Major Prize, contestants must collect from any the following newspapers: Daily Mercury, The Morning Bulletin, The Observer, News-Mail, Fraser Coast Chronicle, The Gympie Times, Sunshine Coast Daily, The QT, Warwick Daily News, Tweed Daily News, The Northern Star, The Daily Examiner or The Coffs Coast Advocate (the Newspapers):
(a) six (6) “Your Chance to Win $1,000,000” tokens. The tokens will appear in the Newspapers between 19 February and 2 April 2011; and
(b) an entry form published each Saturday in the Newspapers during the period 19 February to 26 March 2011 (inclusive).
The completed entry form and the 6 tokens must be placed in an envelope and sent by pre-paid post to “Your Chance to Win $1,000,000 Competition”, PO BOX 1578, Milton 4064.
Contestants may submit multiple entries, but only one winner will have the chance to win $1,000,000.
All entry forms and tokens must be original newsprint, no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted.
(b) Minor Prizes: To enter for the Minor Prize contestants must visit the website of any of the above 13 Newspapers (Websites) and fill out the online entry form to go into the draw. All entries completed and submitted during the Promotion Period with a valid email address will go into the draw. Online entries are limited to one per day for each Website.
Contestants may submit more than one entry during the Promotion Period but any Contestant may only win one of the Minor Prizes. Any form of automated electronic entry that does not meet the entry requirements will be deemed invalid and not counted as a valid entry. All entry times are considered to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s database.
2. Eligibility limitations: Contestants must be aged 18 years or older to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
I. Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter;
II. The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), (whether or not they live in the same household);
III. Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
3. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
(a) Major Prize: One winning contestant drawn pursuant to section 5 below will have the chance to win $1,000,000. The winning contestant will be presented with 100 envelopes, each containing a card with a prize amount on it. There will be 1 card with $1,000,000 and 99 cards with $5,000. The winning contestant will select one envelope and will win the prize on the enclosed card.
The maximum amount available to be won is $1,000,000 inclusive of GST and the minimum amount is $5,000 inclusive of GST.
The contestants’ winnings will be directly deposited into the winner’s account.
(b) Minor prize: There are a total of 13 Fujifilm 75240 finepix Z80 14.2MP compact digital cameras valued at $199 each to win. Total value of all minor prizes is $2,786. There is one digital camera to win through each of the Websites.
The Fujifilm 75240 finepix Z80 14.2MP compact digital cameras are only available through the Websites. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of that winner, and the winner authorises the deduction of any such taxes from the prize to the extent required by law. Prizes are non-transferable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Competition duration: The competition commences 19 February 2011 and finishes 8 April 2011 (Promotion Period). Deadline for entry for the Major Prize draw is Friday 8 April 2011 at 10am. Deadline for entry for the Minor Prize draw is Friday 8 April 2011 at 12 midnight. Entries received after the applicable closure time will not be eligible.
5. Draw and notification: The winning contestants of the Major and Minor Prizes will be selected by random draw at 3/33 Park Road, Milton, QLD on Monday 11 April 2011 at 10am. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners’ names will be published in the public notices section of each Newspaper on Wednesday 13 April 2011 and winners will be contacted by phone.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: The winner of the Major Prize draw must be available to select from the envelopes at 12pm on Friday 15 April 2011 at their closest Newspaper office. If the winning contestant is unable to attend they can send a person as their replacement provided that the Promoter has been given prior written notification of the replacement’s name, address and phone number.
Minor Prizes must be claimed by the winner in person at the office of the relevant Newspaper unless otherwise agreed with the Promoter.
Upon request by the Promoter each winner must provide photo identification and a copy of these terms and conditions and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by the winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. Any cash winnings will be paid by direct deposit into winner’s bank account. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. If the prize remains unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner, it will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw at the same place at 10am on 3rd of July 2011.
7. Suspension or Modification: If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned including (but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, we are entitled in our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to any direction from a regulatory authority.
8. Misconduct by Contestants: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
9. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods offered as prizes, and the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property, including but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss, by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoters or their servants or agents, in connection with the Competition.
10. Entries and privacy:
The Promoter collects your personal information to include you in this competition and will disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, PO Box 8060, Maroochydore D.C. QLD 4558.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd ACN 009 657 943
NSW Permit No.: LTPS //11//00850